I used to have Dreams of sadness and dreams of darkness. But Jesus Christ has come to give me light. Now my dreams are life and of life eternal with Him in glory.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Blessed Rest

I wasn’t able to update for the past 2 days. So I shall just provide a short summary of the events that have happened.

Saturday, after taking a shower and resting, I went off to FSC to join the prayer. I was late in arriving but was on time for the actual prayer. We had a short time of congregational prayer before we went to have our Bible study by Paul Ferguson. Rev Paul brought about several interesting points to note in how to answer cults and in particular Mormons. I thank the Lord for this session as it allowed us to get a better understanding of them and how to answer them.

After the Bible study, I had a short time with Andy to share with him God’s word. I thank God that I was able to cover Enoch with andy. Blessed be God for using a weak vessel for His glory. Also made arrangements with andy to have Bible study after my convocation tomorrow. After the Bible study I went to my grandfather’s place to have a “family” dinner. Turns out it was a birthday party for the 2 boys who came over from china. Lots of people turned up and it was pretty good. But as usual, I felt awkward there but just lasted through the buffet style dinner and then left after the cake cutting. After that, got home and had a good rest at night.

Sunday morning woke up around my normal time but decided to laze a little till 7am. After that prepared for worship service and then drove to church. Rev Paul preached a very good message from the Lord. Truly it bring the need to example the 3 types of man, the natural man (unsaved), carnal man (saved but not moving on with God) and the spiritual man (saved and having a close walk with God). Truly it’s a reminder and a wake-up call for us to example ourselves in the light of God’s word.

After the message, drove over to FSC and I thank God that I got a parking spot near to FSC. We had a sharing by John Chan who gave us a comparison between Calvinism and Armenism. After the combined group meeting, I remained back for YF planning meeting for the coming sessions on the 30th of July and 13th of August. Since the meeting ended early, I drove back to church and went with Mary for lunch. Had a nice chat with her about our Lord Jesus Christ and the rest came after the service ended.

We went for tracting after lunch and it was a blessed time to reach out to souls in the HDB flats. Some were receptive and I pray that they would read the tracts and be saved. After tracting, I went home and thank God was able to get an hour’s nap which thoroughly refreshed me. I then went to my grandfather’s house for dinner before driving back home with my sister and her daughter. They were both sick so they went home when Chin Seng arrived.

Had a blessed time at night chatting with a few people and I pray that the Lord used me to encourage them and them to encourage me. I thank God for the rest He gave me last night and it would be sufficient for today’s activities. May God be my strength and my shield.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home