End of an Era
Today officially marks the end of an Era for me. Today is the day i will graduate from NTU if God is willing. It has been an enjoyable time in NTU, studying and learning more about the life of an auditor and accountant. However, over the past 3 years, i've seen many pass through my life. Memories have been bitter-sweet with the good ones mingled with the bad. But, in all, its good for me. After taking the final paper today, it was such a relief to have completed the exams and finish my final year. Now everything is in the Lord's hands and i trust that God will undertake for me completely.
Looking back at the past years of my study, the 6 years in ACJS, the 4 in ACS (BR), the 2 in YJC, the 2.5 in NS and finally the 3 years in NTU. It has truly been a period of studying and enjoying the holidays. I thank God that He was the constant throughout that time. Despite me always running from Him, His presence was always with me and calling me back to Him. I'm so glad that i made the decision to stop running and return to Him in NS. I guess with the end of studying in NTU, it really draws this period to a close. I thank the Lord that i have Him with me, now and forever. I pray that i will not depart from Him even as i venture forth into a new Era, a new period and a new place.
As many have known, i will be starting work on the 19th of June. Truly that time will mark the start of a formal job and the actual working life. Something that i can look forward to with great anticipation. Now as i take a 5 week break before i start work. I ask that God will guide me to use this time wisely. That all I do, will glorify God.
Things to look forward and to do.
1) YAF Retreat
2) Special meetings in June
3) More study of the Bible
Meaningful Quotations
"Here I stand; I can do no other. God help me. Amen!" - Martin Luther
How true is such a quote. Indeed i recognise that as a man, i'm helpless and only God can help me.
"I am afraid that the schools will prove the very gates of hell, unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures and engraving them in the heart of the youth. "- Martin Luther
Since my subject matter today is on schooling, this quote seems very appropriate. Truly if the Holy Scriptures are not engraved in our hearts it will lead us to Destruction.
"Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die." - Martin Luther
Yes the conscience of man is eternal and like the eternal soul of man.
"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave." - Martin Luther
With the relationship built on God, this is what i can look forward to in a marriage.
"A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble." - Charles Spurgeon
Something that we must take note regarding our character. May our character shine forth to bring Honour and Glory to God.
"It is good for us to keep some account of our prayers, that we may not unsay them in our practice." - Matthew Henry
Something that we should take note when we pray, that we will do all that we have promised to God.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home