World Cup Final?
Over recent times, many have asked me if i was watching the recently ended World Cup. To be honest, i have not watched a FULL match before. In essence, i have watched all of 1 half of a match. I have not stayed up late on purpose to watch a match, i have not caught any match online, i have not woke up early in the morning just to watch a match. In truth, i don't think its necessary for me to watch those matches. I'm sure they are of great entertainment and really good to watch. However, there is no need to waste the time that God has given me to watch a match.
I do keep up with the scores by checking them online and via the papers. I have realised i no longer have a desire for watching these things as in the past. In 2002, i've watched almost every WC match when i was in the army, in 2004 i caught most of the Euro 2004 matches. However, i've lost interest in watching soccer and pursuing it. I thank the Lord for that as i no longer waste the time He has given me. I could spend it more wisely getting the rest i need and to read and to study His word. Even the Wimbledon final could not attract me to catch any of the matches. I would have watched it if it was at a good time. But then, my desire now has turned to the reading and understanding of God's word and i spend less time on unprofitable things of this world.
May God remove all desires that i have which distracts me from knowing Him and loving Him more. For truly Jesus Christ is the lover of my soul and because of His great love to me that i love Him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home