I used to have Dreams of sadness and dreams of darkness. But Jesus Christ has come to give me light. Now my dreams are life and of life eternal with Him in glory.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Today i shall talk about the overnight prayer meeting and choir practise.

Choir Practise (Friday)
Today's practise was quite okay. Trying to blend more with the instrumentalists as well as learn my part well. Realised that the choir is quite imbalanced. I hope that God will see fit to guide new members to join us. I pray that i would be able to get hannah (alto) and ira (tenor) to join the choir next year as there would be many events to sing for in the coming year.

Overnight Prayer Meeting
This is my first overnight prayer meeting i attended in S'pore. I have attended overnight prayer in youth camps in M'sia but this is the very first one for me since i joined JSM. It was really enjoyable to see that quite a number of youths turned up to support the prayer meeting. My cousins the Tangs(Rachel, Charis, Mary and Suzanna), Dorcas Koo, Gloria Siew, Samuel Ong, Ira Yong as well as myself attended this meeting. I think that pastor was really encouraged to see so many youths turning up for the prayer meeting. I hope that i'll be able to get more youths to join the overnight prayer if not the wednesday prayer meeting. It was truly a blessed time of prayer. There was no fixed order as to who would pray but anyone touched by the Holy Spirit to pray would pray. After each prayer, we would sing a hymn before someone would begin his/her prayer. The prayer meeting was really long, from 10pm to 2am. But during that time, by God's grace i did not feel the least bit tired and even got more energised as the prayer meeting continued. Ira and I selected some hymns from the hymn book to sing in support to pastor who memorised some hymns. I feel truly blessed by attending the prayer meeting. After the meeting ended, pastor requested that the youths who attended overnight to sing a prayer hymn at first and second service on sunday. Then pastor requested that i share a testimony with the congregration. Mary was supposed to share too but she din want to speak to the congregration and instead requested to speak to the sunday school students. So i ended up having to speak at both services. i pray that God will grant me the words and things to say when i go up tomorrow.

Thanksgiving practise (Sat)
There was a thanksgiving practise at 2pm today. The hymn we would sing at Thanksgiving is 'Must I Go Empty-Handed'. We split the youths into 4 sections with each learning their own parts before combining. This would be the first practise with more to come.

Choir Practise (Sat)
Ms Ng took us today for choir practise. She drilled into us the need to sing with heart and to know that we sing not for man but for God. Thank God for her as we learnt more today and I pray that we can remember what we have learnt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home