Clearing Away Rubbish
As many of you readers know, i'm a comic fanatic. I read lots and lots of comics. Though these comics have no power over me, as in i can easily give them up and i know what are the good comics to buy. However, i have been convicted by the Holy Spirit to give them up totally. I've come to the realisation that these comics are unprofitable for my soul. Although these are not unlawful for me, they are neither expedient nor profitable. Therefore, i have decided to give them ALL up and throw them away. Yes, throw them away and not sell them.
I have at least a thousand comics and possibly near 2000 of them. Could be much more but i did not take the time to calculate how many comics i actually have. I used to in the past but decided it was a waste of time doing so. How much i spent on these comics? I estimate from my past till now, easily $10,000. Yes i've spent at least TEN THOUSAND dollars over the past 15 years of my life. Its been such a waste of God's money and time spent reading such books. I'm thankful that i have realised this now and will give them ALL up. For all these and what i paid for them are counted nothing for Christ's sake. There is nothing that i cannot and will not give up for Jesus Christ.
I've spent at least 3 hours today clearing my comics. And i've only just touched the tip of the iceberg. There are WAY too many for me to clear in just one day. But by God's grace, i will clear them all out of my room and to the rubbish dump. These are nothing but a distraction for me. With these, they take away precious time i have to read God's word. And even now, i feel its such a waste of time to clear them up when i could spend it reading God's word. Lord, let me remove all these comics from my life and show me what else is there in my life to remove. For i wish to be a sanctified vessel fit for the master's use.
Took some pictures of the comic clearing session. Shall post them up once i clear everything from my room. Still have another room to clear though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home