I used to have Dreams of sadness and dreams of darkness. But Jesus Christ has come to give me light. Now my dreams are life and of life eternal with Him in glory.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

My Last Will

Have any of you even wondered if you die what would you leave behind? Have you done all you can in this life? Have you stood strong in the face of adversity or have u looked the enemy in the eye and turned away? These things have i thought about as i write my will on this earth. I do not know when i may depart from you all but i hope and pray that when i do. I may have put the fear of the Lord into your heart and have brought some to Christ. Even as i pen what could be my last words, i pause and think what have i to leave to my children, to my wife and to my family. Did i ever leave anything of real worth to them? I'm not talking about earthly possessions but the heavenly Kingdom. Do they possess the same joy i have from knowing Jesus Christ? Have they hope in Heaven or no hope at all?

To my dear Father, I hope that my life as a Christian is a testimony to you. That you may know the change that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for me. That to experience the atonement on Jesus on the cross is the greatest joy that i have even known. To know that i have been delivered from the power of Sin and Jesus has died for my sins and all the sins of the world. I hope that i would be able to see you in Heaven. I pray that you make a decision now and not later. And definitely i hope that you would come to Christ before its too late. We never know when our lives may be taken from us. I leave for you my testimony and may the Lord keep it good for as long as I live here on this earth.

To my dear Mother, I thank you for introducing the Lord Jesus to me in my youth. However, i ask that you return to the Lord again. For its fit that we come back to the God of our Salvation. If you have not been saved, i pray that the Lord will work in your heart and save you. I pray that the Lord may bring you close to His heart. I leave you my prayers that you will come to the Lord.

To my dear Sister, I thank you for being there for me in my life. I take great pride in seeing what you have undertaken and the achievements that you made. I hope that God will speak with you. May you have an earnest desire to know God and His Word. To speak to God and to know His Will, reading the Word Of God is important. I leave to you my Bible that you may read it and know God's Word and be saved.

To my brother-in-law, I thank you for your companionship and help. I hope that the distance that you have between God would be reduced and you would return to Him. I pray that you have been saved but if you are not, i pray that God will work the saving work in your life. I leave you many prayers for your precious soul.

To my dear niece, you have been a joy to my life since you were born. I hope that God will provide me opportunities to share the gospel with you. May you come to the Heavenly Father and be saved. May your heart be good ground for the gospel seed.

To my Future wife, I pray that i have been a good husband that honours you with my actions and protect you with my life. I hope that God will provide for you when i am gone. May God bless our marriage and we serve God in the way He wants us to. May our marriage be God-honouring. Do not fret over my passing for you shall see me in Heaven.

To my Future children, i pray that i have brought you up in the fear of the Living God. Teaching you God's Word since you were young. May God preserve you through the trials and strengthen you in the Faith. May you be God-loving and God-honouring Christians.

To my family members and relatives, I ask that my life has been a testimony unto you. That the Lord has worked through my life and that you see the change that He has wrought in me. You have known me since i was born and i ask that the Lord gives me a good testimony that i have lived. Lord, make my life the living example of your grace that all that i say and do is from You. May your Spirit guide my life.

To my dear friends, i hope that i had shared the gospel with you at one time or another. It is needful for you to come to the salvation of God. You need to know that you cannot save yourselves and only God can save you. Confess your need for the saviour and place your trust in Jesus Christ.

I sincerely hope that at the end of my days, this would be my will to my family and friends. Definitely there may be added things to it but may the Lord keep the essence of what i have wrote. That in addition to worldly possesions i leave them God as well. For this earth will pass away and a new kingdom ruled by Christ shall appear. To be a citizen of this eternal kingdom is the most precious thing i can leave them.

I ask the Lord Jesus to make me ready and prepared for His coming. May Christ live my life that I will look forward to the day of the Lord's coming in these Last Days and End Times. May we rise up to meet Him in the day of Christ's return!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home